Saturday, December 4, 2010

Friday: No school, work, and now no Facebook or Netflix.

Started the day off with a early morning phone call (I know no cell phones, sorry) from my good buddy, Ryan, asking me to look for movie times for the next showing of the new Harry Potter. And since we can’t use the Internet, I made my dad look up times for a theater that we didn’t end up going to. The night before I asked my mom to give me money to pay for lunch with my friend since he refused to drive over to my house because he lives 30 mins away and gas isn’t cheap. So when I told him that night about my mom giving me money so we could have lunch and go to the movies, he caved. At 11:00AM that morning, after I got dressed, we went to expensive Schlotzsky’s for lunch. The two meals cost me around $16, ouch. After we ate, he drove over to the Silverado theater, where we bought tickets for a time that started at 12:55PM since we missed the 12:00PM showing. We played the Ice Hockey game while we waited for the movie to start. After they let us in, we sat down behind the annoying D-Box seats and talked about how movie theater ads didn’t have sound and they were just slides when we were little, and during the ads we would riff on them as they appeared on the screen. Now that they have sound, we can’t do that any more. When all the ads and trailers were over, the movie started. Since I haven’t read any of the books past Prisoner of Azkaban and I haven’t seen the 6th movie since November, I was a little rough on my Harry Potter. Ryan had to explain what had happened in parts the movie left out. If it weren’t for the fact that I didn’t read this book, I would have probably loved it. It was good, it’s just that I forgot what happened in the last Harry Potter. After that, Ryan had to drive me back home and leave because he had to film something at school for his English class. And because I was rushed into getting out of his car, I left my sunglasses case inside his car. When I told him about this after he had left, he searched his car and couldn’t find it. That bothered me for most of the day. When I was up for it, I went to the computer to finish up some homework and that took a good 2-3 hrs of my time. After I was done, the parents came home to watch TV, and when they watch it, it is loud. So because of that; I plugged in some earplugs, took out my contacts, and went to bed, forgetting that I had work in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment